SCID National Quarterly Webinar: April 2018
The Newborn Screening Translation Research Network (NBSTRN), in close partnership with the Newborn Screening Technical assistance and Evaluation Program (NewSTEPs), hosts a National Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disorder (SCID) Webinar every quarter. All are welcome to join. For more information about the SCID Quarterly Webinars please email Ruthanne Sheller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinars will be announced via the NewSTEPs community listserv. If you are interested in subscribing to the NewSTEPs Listserv, please email Erin Darby at email@example.com.
April 23, 2018 SCID National Quarterly Webinar
- SCID Newborn Screening Status Map
- Clinical Vignette | Evan Shereck, MD, M.Ed, Oregon Health & Science University
- Overview of NewSTEPs SCID Public Health Surveillance Case Definitions | Marci Sontag, PhD
- Overview of Newborn Screening Translation Research Network (NBSTRN) | Amy Brower, PhD
- Overview of U.S. Immunodeficiency Network (USIDNet) and Following Infants with Low Lymphocytes (FILL) Program | Tara Caulder
- Open Discussion About Synergizing Registries | Led by Amy Brower, PhD and Marci Sontag, PhD
Dr. Evan Shereck
Dr. Evan Shereck is Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Director, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Fellowship and Block Co-Director, Blood and Host Defense at Oregon Health & Science University. She is also the SCID newborn screening consultant for the Oregon Newborn Screening Program.
Dr. Marci Sontag
Marci Sontag is an Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Pediatrics at the Colorado School of Public Health and the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Center, and the Associate Director of Epidemiology of NewSTEPs (the Newborn Screening Technical assistance and Evaluation Program).
Dr. Amy Brower
Dr. Brower works on several projects at the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG) including serving as Project Manager on the National Coordinating Center’s Long Term Follow-Up Project (NCC-LTFU) and as a Genomic Scientist for the Newborn Screening Translational Research Network (NBSTRN).
Tara Caulder, MS, is the Senior Director of Grant Development and Administration at the Immune Deficiency Foundation.