Short-Term Follow-Up National Webinar: Building Trust and Addressing Trauma while Facilitating NBS Follow-up [Part 1]
This webinar discusses concepts of trauma as it relates to receiving newborn screening results, getting a rare or genetic disease diagnosis, and ongoing management and administration of treatment. Understanding concepts of trauma-informed care and the importance of building trust with the public and families during the notification and diagnostic process can help improve the newborn screening experience This webinar is part one of a series looking at ways to achieve effective follow-up for all families and will feature the following speakers:
• Jodi Philippon, RN, BSN, Maine Department of Health and Human Services
• Kelsey Sala-Hamrick, PhD LP, Michigan Public Health Institute
• Amy Gaviglio, MS, CGC, APHL
· Trauma-Informed Care in the Medical Genetics Clinic Workbook
· Communication Guide for Newborn Screening Results
For more information about Short-Term Follow-Up webinars and topic suggestions, please email Noah Sinangil at Noah.Sinangil@aphl.org.