New Disorders & Short Term Follow-up Virtual Meeting
The APHL NewSTEPs New Disorders & Short Term Follow-up Virtual Meeting took place on August 25-26, 2021.
Purpose: To provide training and ideas to support NBS programs in improving efficiency, increasing knowledge, and expanding capacity.
- Discuss the current screening status of new and prospective disorders by illustrating state NBS experiences
- Review tiered testing and its impact on timeliness
- Describe new and evolving therapies for newborn screening disorders
- Discuss strategies and identify tools to build the workforce and expand capacity for screening
- Discuss navigating the legislative process and strategies for policymaking
To receive P.A.C.E.® credits for any of the following webinars, please create a free APHL Training Portal account and enroll in the NewSTEPs New Disorders & Short Term Follow-Up National Meeting curriculum. There you can view the recordings and complete the course evaluations for credit. If you do not wish to receive P.A.C.E.® credits you may view any of the recordings in the links below.
- Welcome and Introductions
- State of the States: New Disorder Newborn Screening (0.5 credits)
- RUSP LSDs - Pompe & MPS I (1.0 credits)
- Non-RUSP LSDs - MPS II & Krabbe (1.0 credits)
- Disorders Recently Added to the RUSP - X-ALD & SMA (1.0 credits)
- On the Horizon - cCMV & GAMT (1.0 credits)
- Balancing Tiered Testing & Timeliness (1.0 credits)
- Molecular Education for NBS Lab & Follow-up (1.0 credits)
- Growing & Building Your Workforce (1.0 credits)
- New Disorders Legislation - Education Needs & Lessons Learned (1.0 credits)
- Treatments & Therapies for Newborn Screening Conditions (1.5 credits)
If you have questions about this meeting or its content please contact Kshea Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org.