2021 APHL NewSTEPs Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) National Meeting
The 2021 APHL NewSTEPs CQI National Meeting aims to convene participants of the Quality Improvement Projects Collaborative and other interested newborn screening professionals and stakeholders across state and territorial newborn screening programs to collaborate on ways to improve and transform newborn screening systems.
Sessions 1 and 2 of this 3 part virtual CQI National Meeting took place on May 25, 2021, and August 24, 2021. Session 3 will be held on December 7, 2021, and will cover a different set of topics with different speakers and presenters.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Quality Improvement 101
- Effective Improvement Teams
- I Said This, You Heard That - Strategies for Enhancing Team Communication
- Knowledge is Power: Education as an Improvement Tool
- Overview of the NewSTEPs Data Repository
- Beyond the Run Chart: Using Data to Tell Your Improvement Story
- Improving Newborn Screening Systems Through Innovations in Health Information Technology (HIT) and Bioinformatics
- Data Narrative/ NewSTEPs Roundtable
- Health Information Technology (HIT) and Bioinformatics Roundtable
If you have any questions regarding the CQI National Meeting please contact Kayana Walters at Kayana.Walters@aphl.org